The girls...

Christina: 22-year-old living in Small-ish Town, West Coast. Lives with and loves BF. Has too many exes, some with interesting stories, some... not so much. Is still trying to figure out what to do now that her bff, Courtney, is two states away... again.
Courtney: 22-year-old living in Smaller Town, West Coast. Living alone, single and loving it. Has lots of scandalous stories to share. Missing her bff, but is excited about this new journey! Looking for Mr. Right, but will settle for Mr. Right now...

Behind the name...

Sex and the City + the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants + The Sweetest Thing...
Part young girl, part grown woman... a little bit of fashion, a little bit (well, hopefully a LOT) of sex... and probably more booze than what's healthy. We started this blog hoping to start a chronicle of our lives, now hundreds of miles apart, as best friends... with the help of a fabulous handbag, of course!

thnks fr th mmrs.

Alright, so it's been a while since I've filled you all in on the situation with Mr. Cling and myself, and a little history:

We've known eachother since high school, but didn't talk much those days, so basically when we found eachother again, we were pretty much starting fresh. This was the middle of September. I moved to Smaller Town in October, and we were, what I call "seeing" each other for, maybe the last couple of weeks or so (and by my definition of seeing... that means we aren't dating, and we can see other people).

Now, let me just start off by saying, Mr. Cling is a nice guy. Just a little too nice. After checking my mail on Tuesday, I found a card* from Mr. Cling. Interesting. My thoughts: Did I forget my own birthday? Thank you card for the Christmas present? New Years card maybe?  No. It was none of these. It was an effing "I love you" card. Uh... Really? After 2 weeks, huh? 

**** CARD DETAILS REMOVED FOR ANONYMITY PURPOSES ****

This just really... creeped me out. I liked the guy, and then he went and had to send me this card telling me he loves me and I'm the only one for him after "seeing" each other for 2 weeks?

Am I over-reacting? I feel like I sort of am, but given that I'm not really interested in commitment right now, this was just the last straw. I couldn't take it anymore. I was trying too hard to like the guy. 

So long, Mr. Cling.

*Which had the wrong use of 'your' in it... Mr. Cling, "your" is possessive, meaning "your card was un-necessary". The correct grammar for this would be "you're" which is a contraction, a combination of "you" and "are" as in "you're kind of moving too fast for me seeing as how I thought we were just 'seeing' each other."

Oh, also, MBD texted me the other day for some dirty talk, and ended up sending me a picture of his over-sized pecker. Can't complain much about that.

exes and oh!s,
Court

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    I KNOW THAT FEELING!

    Okay, so that didn't have to be all in capital letters, but I thought I'd emphasize the point.
    This guy told me once on our second date that he knew "destiny brought us together to live as one together". Those were his exact words.

    I threw up. Literally.

  2. Colli said...
     

    Oh.
    My.
    Gosh.
    ... What is with these guys? Why would anyone think that is okay? I don't even say those three words to new FRIENDS, to new SORORITY SISTERS. I can't imagine just throwing those words around!
    I'm in a very similar situation with two separate guys, ha ha. It's pretty uncomfortable, overall, how boys can go from casually dating / talking to falling "in love."
    Weird.

  3. Rose and Jill said...
     

    Ok. I'd go running for the hills if I received a letter like that. It sounds like something you would send your fiance right before you got married.
    -R

    Word Verification: Forriz
    "I'd forriz cut ties with cling becuase it's only going to get worse from here."

  4. LWLH said...
     

    you are def. right! dude is moving wayyy too fast, i would be taking back by that shit too..next thing you know he's standing outside your bedroom window with a boombox via john cusuack in "say anything"..


    p.s. i don't think anyone will find out u and christina id's...their selling your gorgeous satchel knockoff style @ rue21...dont worry theres probably a million girls walking around with it. (but nothing is the same as the original one..that thing was great)

  5. Ashley said...
     

    Your totally not over-reacting (ha, see what I did there?).

    That would creep any sane person out and send them running in the opposite direction...yikes!

  6. Gigi knows best! said...
     

    You should dump him for his improper use of "your". And you should never have to "try" to like a guy. If you did like him, you'd freakin love that card. Well, I don't know...it will still probably creep me out after 2 weeks!

  7. Mishi said...
     

    I love you after 2 weeks? Gag me. Actually no, change my name and residence and put me in the witness protection program. Seriously though, you're right to be weirded out.

    I mean...2 weeks? That's just creepy...

  8. Anonymous said...
     

    Ugh, That would definitely be enough for me to get rid of a guy.

    That last guy I got involved with started calling himself my boyfriend, talked about how my family was going to love him, was completely ready for a long distance relationship, texted me every second of the day, and was planning on what he would do for my birthday(that was 6 months away), all after the first time we hung out(it wasn't even a date!)

    Some men are crazy.

  9. CIP said...
     

    Wow.....moving way too fast and bad grammar. Uh oh. After 2 weeks? That's just crazy.

  10. Anonymous said...
     

    Overreacting?

    No...

    Not at all.

    Run. Now.

  11. Dating Without Pants said...
     

    2 weeks? HAHAHAAHHAHA! That's not even something I would do in all my awkward glory. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you when the last time I told a girl that was. Perfect play to get.the.hell.out.

  12. Melissa said...
     

    hmm...cards are nice, i like cards, but he definately seems to be throwing round the "L" word really fast...girl what did you do to him in 2 weeks? lol

Post a Comment