The girls...

Christina: 22-year-old living in Small-ish Town, West Coast. Lives with and loves BF. Has too many exes, some with interesting stories, some... not so much. Is still trying to figure out what to do now that her bff, Courtney, is two states away... again.
Courtney: 22-year-old living in Smaller Town, West Coast. Living alone, single and loving it. Has lots of scandalous stories to share. Missing her bff, but is excited about this new journey! Looking for Mr. Right, but will settle for Mr. Right now...

Behind the name...

Sex and the City + the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants + The Sweetest Thing...
Part young girl, part grown woman... a little bit of fashion, a little bit (well, hopefully a LOT) of sex... and probably more booze than what's healthy. We started this blog hoping to start a chronicle of our lives, now hundreds of miles apart, as best friends... with the help of a fabulous handbag, of course!

Who's That Girl?

I don't know when I became That Girl.

You know the girl I mean... the girl who loses herself in her relationship. Who, even after a year and a half of being with a guy (and six months or so of living with him), still waits up for her boy to get home from work at night (if he, hypothetically speaking, were to work the night shift). The girl who worries more about how clean the house is or if he's picked up his dirty socks and boxers off the bathroom floor than spending time with him. You know the girl.

The girl who starts her sentences with, "We like to...," or "We went...," or "We like..." We we we. The girl who is so lost in "us" she loses her "I."

Yeah.
I don't know when I became That Girl.

But I'm afraid I've been That Girl for so long now... I don't remember who I was before. The girl that went out every night she could, simply because the nickname Thirty Thursday sounded good? Gone. The girl who made out with Guy #1 one night, then slept with Guy #2 the next night? Definitely gone.

Don't get me wrong, I love BF but...

Sometimes I miss the good old days.

Sometimes I wish I were as outgoing and fun-loving as I used to be. The Purse - you know, the giraffe-print one that spawned this whole blog - is bold. Hopefully that rubs off on me.


XOXO
Christina

1 comments:

  1. Therapeutic Ramblings said...
     

    Ahh..."When S/he and I Become We", I actually was playing around with a manuscript that I loosely titled that.

    Yeah, "That Girl" becomes less interesting because they often lose themselves in the other; a waste of a perfectly fine woman. Check out my "Tina Fey in the Rough" blog, which is related to the above.

Post a Comment